Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Place I Know

I have often wondered in great length in the difference in beauty two people see. Our life on Hill road has been the most remarkable journey of nature and beauty anyone could have ever asked for.
What my family and I see has been completely different than the developer and the land owner themselves see.
I’m sitting here at what we call froggie pond we call it froggie pond (our dog coco enjoys this pond perhaps the most) because in the spring time this pond has a abundance of little frog’s that enjoy the spring time sun which brings lots of bugs for them to eat.
I look around the tranquility of the water and the gentle breeze that moves the water so ever smoothly. The tullies now dry from being winter are swaying in the breeze that makes a rustling sound that is almost like a lullaby.
As far as I can see mountains very little sight of man only a fence that separates the property line.
It is in a place like this that most people would only dream of an oasis of time forgotten where inspiration is truly felt. A place I love to come to think and ponder over my life’s journey.
It’s a wonder at why I see things through open clear eyes that are not tainted with dollar signs. This serene part of land to them is only seen with the greed of a dangerous bottomless open pocket. Land to them is signature golf course, hotels, and homes with lots on them.
The land I see before me will no longer exist as I see it. This land has a home to thousands of animals however; most of them will not be relocated but will suffer a fate of destruction. Unfortunately, for them their voice is not heard by the man, their home will be gone just like ours will be.
It is truly sad to see this happen and know in my heart there is nothing that I can do to save this little space in this big world.
I have to admit I was a little timid moving out here, living in a house where no one has lived in at least 5 years, but over time we have breathed life into the house and made it our home. To know that soon it will be all over has made me feel sad inside.
Perhaps the land owner didn’t come up as much because he too was afraid he would fall in love with this land. Instead he chooses to fall prey to the mighty dollar sign. I don’t feel sorry for him though he is a big boy and clearly knew what he was getting himself into. Over the past 5 years I have come to understand that he does not breathe air but other’s disparity. He prey’s on the weak business like an animal that has been wounded than pounces to strike the final blow of despair out of their body. He is an ego extrinsic with no human soul. I have looked into those eyes and seen for myself the emptiness and lifelessness of nothing being there emptiness with human skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment